The Radio-Tech range of market-leading wireless monitoring technology includes building performance equipment that can monitor a wide range of variables including temperature, humidity and carbon dioxide.
Our environmental monitoring system represents the latest innovation in Wireless Building Performance and Energy Monitoring. Designed to meet the specification set out by the Energy Saving Trust (EST) in their document 'Evaluating Energy and Carbon Performance in the Retrofit for the Future Demonstrator Projects', Radio-Tech products have been selected as the primary data collection system for both the EST's Solid Wall Insulation field trails and Technology Strategy Board's (TSB) Retrofit for the Future project.
Monitoring internal and external conditions are key to fully understanding the dynamics and performance of a building. Our solution incorporates a large suite of wireless sensors that can be deployed anywhere throughout the property on a number of different sources. Our system is fully wireless and requires no field programming. It supports rapid deployment schemes and can be installed with minimal disruption to occupants. Once installed, it will provide remote visibility of all sensors installed within single or multiple dwelling projects via a single web-based interface.
How it Works
The sensors are deployed throughout a building on the required monitoring sources. Using 434MHz RF, they report back data at 5-min intervals in-line with the EST specification to a single Wi5 Data Hub which can be located anywhere within the building. The Wi5 Data Hub has an internal memory of 2GB and can single-handedly manage data from hundreds of sensors. Using GPRS, Wi-Fi or Ethernet, the Wi5 Data Hub will periodically
upload all of the data received back to Radio-Tech or Client
hosted servers for analysis.
As the system is fully wireless, installations can be undertaken with the highest level of respect and sympathy for the home owner/occupier, along with minimal inconvenience and disruption.
- Easy to install
- Wireless solution/ no cables
- Maintenance free
- System supports multiple inputs
- Meets Energy Saving Trust specification
- Receiver supports hundreds of sensors
For more information on the sensors please click the links below:
- Ecosense Internal - Internal temperature and humidity sensor
- Ecosense External - External temperature and humidity sensor including probe housing
- Ecosense Surface - Surface temperature
- Eco2 - Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
- Analogue Transmitter - (4-20mA/0-5 volts) Radio transmitter to enable analogue sensors to transmit over the air
- Ecochirp - Pulse transmitter from utility meters
- Open/Close Sensor - for windows & doors